I waited until he got up to make my move. I made eye contact with him before he put on his signature shades and asked him if I could have his autograph. He said, of course and began scrawling a picture of him in his "goggle" sunglasses and signed his name. He asked me mine and wrote it on the paper. I proceeded to babble on about how I am a HUGE fan of his and have been forever and that I was so excited to be going to their concert tonight. He thanked me for going and shook my hand. He turned to walk away, but then looked back and said, "thank you for being so descrete." and leaned in to give me a half-hug and KISS ON THE CHEEK!!!! he He then turned and walked away. I was stunned. I started shaking all over, and hysterically shouting, "Bono, Kissed my Cheek!" I have not stopped grinning from ear to ear since then.
On top of all this, I was able to attend their concert tonight with John and Gracie. we had a blast. And U2 did not dissapoint. They played a lot of their new songs and a lot of old goodies. I'm not really that familiar with their new album, and I confess, what from I've heard, I'm not too impressed. But, they put on one of the best shows I've ever seen. It was an awesome night.
And thank you Bono for making one of my childhood dreams come true!




5 comments:
OH AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!
Missy, I am SO happy for you. What a fun little memory you will have. How sweet of him to be so personable with you. I'm glad you had fun at the concert too.
I love hearing this story! I am also glad to know he is as charming in real life as he is on stage! Congrats Miss.
Wow, I didn't know the part about him starting to walk away and then turning around again. That's even more meaningful, Miss. He must have felt that little connection. Ha, ha. Love that you had the thrill of your life. You deserve it.
Well, I feel so proud to be the mother of the girl that Bono kissed. Oh me oh my. You're a cool jewel!
Hey Missy.
That's a great story! I'm glad to hear everything is well with you in good ol' Vegas.
Ryan
Post a Comment