Thursday, October 22, 2009

Getting to Know Morgan...

Last Thursday, Morgan and I traveled out of town to go to his sister, Farrah's wedding in Wyoming. The weather was amazing. The scenery was beautiful and I had a blast getting to know Morgan and his family better. So, here are some juicy tid-bits about Morgan...and some really pretty random pics from the trip.


His hometown is Delta, Utah. Now, I've been hearing about Delta for months, but didn't know quite what to expect...so, here's my verdict. It's a really cute little town in the middle of NOWHERE akin to Overton (if it wasn't so close to Vegas).


Morgan played both Football and Wrestled for his high school. Above is the field...


Here are some really cool giant windmills we found on the way out of Delta. Morgan is very interested in alternative power sources and pretty much anything that will get him off "the grid".


Morgan is a bit theatrical.

Morgan is an animal person and above all is very patient with me and my love of animals-I made him stop SEVERAL times to pet horses on the way back...

This was a really cool bridge we found outside of Jackson Hole.

Morgan is an AVID scouter and mountain man. He often talks about building a cabin and living completely independent of society in the woods-and I think he'd do it if he could find a woman that would agree...

The Tetons-aren't they breathtaking?


Morgan LOVES his family and would do anything for them, including killing someone as he said in his wedding toast...
(this is his beautiful sister Farrah, btw)



Morgan is really good at accents. We talked in a Southern accent almost the whole day on Saturday because we decided to "go a little country"...


Morgan has one of the most beautiful smiles I've ever seen with twinkly eyes...it's hard to capture though, more often than not, he's purposefully scowling in pictures.



Morgan is a great friend and listener. He always asks me how my day was when he sees me.


Anyway, it was a really fun trip. Thanks to Morgan and his parents for inviting me and making it possible for me to come!

5 comments:

Anne Michaelson said...

Oh Missy and Morgan! How adorable you both are! My favorite picture is of Morgan showing the moose a good example. What a fun trip for the two of you.

jessie dryden said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

Where do I start? Yes, I agree with Mom, a favorite photo from this post was definitely Morgan showing the moose which direction to head. It really looked like the two of them were on a journey together. ha ha. His sister, Farrah, what a beautiful bride- loved her dress and the old red truck in the backround. Miss, I liked the one of you on the bridge and ALL the photos of you and Morgan were very cute. Wish I could get to know him.
Thanks for sharing your trip with all of us! I'm glad you were able to soak in the Fall colors and cooler weather. Love you.

t said...

Great post. It was a fun trip!

Amy said...

Missy, you really covered a lot of territory this past weekend. Just please don't go off and live somewhere I can't reach you, okay? We all want you a little closer to civilization. I wish I could have been able to pet all those horses with you. What fun! Did you show Morgan the picture of his long lost little brother yet?