Monday, July 6, 2009

My Favorite Holiday

Vegas heat so hot it feels like a rocket is going off in your face, multi-flavored sno-cones, swimming pools, hiking, parades, American flags, hot dogs and hamburgers...and not least of all-FIREWORKS. These are just some of the things that make the Fourth of July my favorite holiday. As my recolection goes, my love for this holiday was born when I was about 12-I had a day that included all of these things, and I just remember thinking that it was a perfect day.
Since then, I have had varying degrees of mediocre to great Fourths. But, this year, I was determined to make it a perfect day. With the help of a couple good friends, I was able to do all the things I wanted to...

1. Attend a Parade


2. Eat a Sno-Cone (7-11 slurpee will do)



3. Go Swimming (video of hand-stand contest coming)


4. Go to a BBQ (sorry no pic of the actual bbq attended-but it was fantastic)


5. Watch fireworks (we did at Lake Las Vegas)


5. Do fireworks (sparklers will suffice-our "sparklers" turned out to be sparkling birthday candles...)


6. Go on a hike (done friday afternoon)




It was the perfect day. Next year, I'm thinking of taking a 4th of July roadtrip-to see what other cities do.

6 comments:

Laura said...

Awesome, Miss.
I thought Halloween was your favorite holiday. Either way, I'm with you... there is something absolutely wonderful about celebrating in unity the country we all love. I too watched a really good fireworks show and I felt so proud to be an American- I think I had goosebumps the whole time.
Looks like you had a really great day.

Melissa Huber said...

My fav holidays are tied-4th of July AND Halloween. Thanks for remembering...

Amy said...

Missy, I still can't believe you fit all those things you told me about in one weekend. I'm glad you had a great 4th!

Anonymous said...

Oh Pooh, loved the blogger's fouth of July. Thanks for spending part of it with us. Love you little birdie.

JEM said...

That IS the perfect 4th of July! Congratulations! Also, that picture of you in the pink shirt in front of the forest is ADORABLE. You are such a doll.

jessie dryden said...

that looks like a fun 4th!
i miss you!
love,
jessie :)