Friday, June 26, 2009

A New Fav...

One of my new favorite singers is Joshua Radin. (I know I already mentioned him in our recent emails about music) But, I wanted to post the lyrics to one of my new favorite songs of his-'Brand New Day'-it's off his newest album that came out last year.

Some kind of magic Happens late at night When the moon smiles down at me And bathes me in its light I fell asleep beneath you In the tall blades of grass When I woke the world was new I never had to ask It’s a brand new day The sun is shining It’s a brand new day For the first time in such a long long time I know I’ll be ok Most kind of stories Save the best part for last And most stories have a hero who finds You make your past your past Yeah you make your past your past It’s a brand new day The sun is shining It’s a brand new day For the first time in such a long long time I know I’ll be ok This cycle never ends You gotta fall in order to mend It’s a brand new day It’s a brand new day For the first time in such a long long time I know I’ll be ok

I just love these words-and actually, I think he always has clever lyrics. There is just such a soothing quality to his voice...check him out. (You can listen to several of his newer songs on his website)

5 comments:

Laura said...

Love him too.
I agree, his lyrics are always clever and expressive.

Amy said...

Missy, thanks for this recommendation. I just bought some of his songs and I LOVE them! Love the words to the one you mention here. What a great outlook. Missy you are more than okay. You are thriving and full of life, love, and positive energy. You are a gem.

Anne Michaelson said...

Missy, he is a cool song writer. Is he the one you made me listen to the beer commercial to hear? It was a cool commercial too. ha. I agree, it is a new day. A new day to be alive and love anew.

Melissa Huber said...

No, he's not the one from the bacardi commercial-that is Matt and Kim-JPM's new find...

gina said...

Miss- I loved that CD too. It was so much fun driving with you to UT and having your great music, and being able to talk uninterrupted whilst everyone else was sleeping!