Thursday, June 18, 2009

Adventure Girl

I have been doing a lot of thinking lately about who I am, what I want to do w/ my life, what I want to define me and how I want to spend my time. And I've come to the conclusion that I'm not doing a lot of the things that really make me happy-at least not regularly. Many of the things that kept coming up on my list were more "adventure" type hobbies. Things where I could get outdoors, smell the fresh mountain air, do some sort of envigorating exercise, take my dogs w/ me, ponder and meditate...So, I have decided that I just need to do it-I need to take the plunge and start actually doing these things more often. There is nothing holding me back. Some of the adventure hobbies I've been missing are horseback riding, shooting, hiking, camping and kayaking. One at a time, I am going to start doing these things more-so, hopefully, pretty soon this image will come to mind when you think of me...


ps, thought this pic was really funny-people do the craziest things!

5 comments:

Laura said...

I already think of you as "adventure girl". Maybe not in the literal sense like outdoorsie stuff, but I have always thought of you as someone who tries new things and is always open to at least considering anything. I love that about you. I am getting a new picture in my head of you and your dogs though. You've been hiking more lately and I love that you include your dogs-- I'm too practical, thinking about the mess I'll have to clean up. I want to be more like you in this way. Just focusing on the "adventure".

jake said...

Way to go, Miss. Seize the day - and I'm glad you're taking up shooting. Jaz and I have found it to be a real bonding experience.

Amy said...

Yes, Missy! I AM happy to see this new domain. You go girl! Way to be adventurous. I agree with Laura, I already see you as a good sport when it comes to these things. BTW, will you take me shooting with you sometime? I had a scary dream the other night and I instantly awoke with the idea that I need to learn how to shoot! I love you, Miss.

Anonymous said...

WEll, I love all those thoughts except the shooting ones. What is this with all your siblings wanting to use guns? I forbid it! (Thought I'd just guilt you a little--ha ha) Loved the picture of your car with a cayack on it. That was your car wasn't it? I like the thought of me being the mom of an outdoors girl.

jessie dryden said...

That is a LOT of boats on one car. haha =)
That looks so much fun! We did the same sort of thing at girls camp....i think... anyways, love you, missy! <3