About 6 months ago, Jon's old boss asked him to put together a band to perform at her and her husband's joint B-day party in November. He made a few attempts to get together a band, but ultimately had to call it quits because a few of the members had flaked out on him. Then, in September, his boss approached him again pleading with him to try again-she hadn't been able to find anyone. So, Jon made a few calls and got a new group of friends together. They began practicing and soon had a set list of about 20 pretty well polished cover songs, ranging from the Def Tones to Britney Spears' Toxic. They performed on November 8th at the Flamingo hotel in one of their grand ballrooms. It was a really fun party and the Soothsayers were definately the highlight of the evening.
I have to brag for a minute to say that although all the members of the band were experienced musicians and fun to watch, Jon was by FAR the most talented and versitile. He played lead guitar, bass, piano AND sang backup and lead vocals. It was SO fun to see him up on the stage totally in his element. I'm so glad he had this opportunity and hope he'll get to do it again soon. Thanks to all who came to support-it was a blast to be there with everyone!
2 comments:
Yeah he was the most talented and the cutest.
Missy!!! I want all the details... all the sudden I saw mom and dad walking across the screen??? And who was the camera on the whole time, it was too dark to see, was that John and Gina? Missy, was that Jon on lead vocals? It was amazing, I wish I had been there... wah, wah wah.
Post a Comment