Wow! I am pleasantly surprised at how often you guys ask me to update my blog! I didn't know I had such a fan base!
We've had a lot going on lately (actually, it seems like it's pretty much been non-stop hard work for a while now between new house, school, new business, and our new addition).
House-Everybody's #1 question is always, "how is the house coming?" I guess it's coming along pretty well. I've been telling people that we are pretty much unpacked except for a few boxes. However, the more I say this, the more I realize that we are NOT as far along and I think we are...in fact, we have quite a bit of work left to do to really be settled. We do have a few boxes still sitting in our main living area-which is the only thing I seem to remember when people ask, but then, I go into the master bathroom and realize that I still need to finish painting the walls, paint the cabinet and the towel racks and scrub the whole bathroom again to get it clean. Then, I remember that the ONLY tub we have inexplicably does not run hot water, then I remember that the two extra bedrooms are not painted, floors not painted/sealed and there are tons of boxes and mish-mash in them, then I remember we don't have a dryer so I can't really do laundry, then I remember that the outside of our house looks like it's abandoned and yucky...the list goes on. So, basically, the list is MUCH shorter for what we have done, than what we don't. It's still relitively fun though. I mean, I am mildly sick of going into the master bath in the middle of the night and tripping over buckets of spackling and paint, but at least I'm doing that in my own house. And it is a little annoying when I cook to only have 3 butter knives, 2 steak knives, 2 forks and 5 spoons. (our box with all of our silverware and knives is missing) But, it's all good b/c it gives us a great feeling to see little improvements day by day.
School-Jon is doing well in school-although he's been so busy with everything else, that I think it's had to take somewhat of a back seat, thusfar this semester. He's looking forward to being able to spend more time on it and really absorb the info. I think he likes most of his classes pretty well since they are almost all business related now.
New business-For some reason, I don't think I've really told many of you fans out there about this...Jon's left his job at the bookkeeping firm (a little sooner than we would have liked) and has started his own business detailing cars. We've been wanting to do this for a while, b/c of the flexibility he has in his schedule, you can make pretty good money, and most importantly, once Jon hires a couple employees, he can work less and make more. Like I said, it's an mobile auto detail business, that is founded in green principles-yes we are riding the green wave that is sweeping the world-he uses a product we researched online called Eco Touch that is a waterless system made of natural products and (obviously) conserves water b/c its waterless. So, we've spent the last two weeks rushing around forming the company, getting business licenses, opening bank accts, buying products and marketing to get business. So far everybody that we've talked to and that has seen his work has been really impressed and seems excited to sign up for an acct with us. We have prayed a lot about this b/c of the difficult time our economy is having right now, and have felt really good-like this is what we need to be doing, and that Heavenly Father is using this business as a tool to help us acheive our family goals-ie having kids at some point. So, it's been good. Anybody want their car detailed??
New addition-The rumors are true-we have a new addition. Her name is Lady. She has sandy blonde hair and green eyes and one of her favorite pass-times is to bite our feet (sometimes drawing blood) while we walk around the house. We have been wanting to get a little friend for Nacho ever since we thought about getting our own place. Now, I know the question you are all wondering is why we didn't just take Jack with us--to tell you the truth, I'm sort of wondering that now myself-but, our thinking was that Jack and Nacho aren't really playmates. They tolerate eachother but are not buddies. Plus, Jack really has a hard time adjusting from house to house and he's just been moved one too many times. So, we decided it would be best to get Nacho a little girl buddy to play with while we are away at work/school all day. We've looked around quite a bit for somebody suitable, and this week, we found Lady. She's a 8wk old Golden Retreiver. She is VERY feisty and playful and so far Nacho has HATED every minute of having her in our home. :( In fact, our week has even included a trip to the vet to get lady's ear stiched up b/c he bit her. This has caused a lot of stewing in our household over what to do with Nacho and the puppy. We have to keep them separate b/c we are afraid Nacho will do something else to her. We are not decided yet if we are going to keep her, him or both of them. We are looking into a personal dog trainer -aka a dog whisperer-really- for Nacho, actually for us I guess. After talking to her yesterday, I think we are going to give that a go and see what happens. She suggested that we keep the puppy separate from Nacho, until she can begin training US. She is confident that we can learn to be the pack leaders in our home so that Nacho will be comfortable with us and the puppy and any circumstance that he is in. We'll see what happens...
I know this is quite an espistle, but you asked for it, you begged for it and here it is! Enjoy! Love you all!
We've had a lot going on lately (actually, it seems like it's pretty much been non-stop hard work for a while now between new house, school, new business, and our new addition).
House-Everybody's #1 question is always, "how is the house coming?" I guess it's coming along pretty well. I've been telling people that we are pretty much unpacked except for a few boxes. However, the more I say this, the more I realize that we are NOT as far along and I think we are...in fact, we have quite a bit of work left to do to really be settled. We do have a few boxes still sitting in our main living area-which is the only thing I seem to remember when people ask, but then, I go into the master bathroom and realize that I still need to finish painting the walls, paint the cabinet and the towel racks and scrub the whole bathroom again to get it clean. Then, I remember that the ONLY tub we have inexplicably does not run hot water, then I remember that the two extra bedrooms are not painted, floors not painted/sealed and there are tons of boxes and mish-mash in them, then I remember we don't have a dryer so I can't really do laundry, then I remember that the outside of our house looks like it's abandoned and yucky...the list goes on. So, basically, the list is MUCH shorter for what we have done, than what we don't. It's still relitively fun though. I mean, I am mildly sick of going into the master bath in the middle of the night and tripping over buckets of spackling and paint, but at least I'm doing that in my own house. And it is a little annoying when I cook to only have 3 butter knives, 2 steak knives, 2 forks and 5 spoons. (our box with all of our silverware and knives is missing) But, it's all good b/c it gives us a great feeling to see little improvements day by day.
School-Jon is doing well in school-although he's been so busy with everything else, that I think it's had to take somewhat of a back seat, thusfar this semester. He's looking forward to being able to spend more time on it and really absorb the info. I think he likes most of his classes pretty well since they are almost all business related now.
New business-For some reason, I don't think I've really told many of you fans out there about this...Jon's left his job at the bookkeeping firm (a little sooner than we would have liked) and has started his own business detailing cars. We've been wanting to do this for a while, b/c of the flexibility he has in his schedule, you can make pretty good money, and most importantly, once Jon hires a couple employees, he can work less and make more. Like I said, it's an mobile auto detail business, that is founded in green principles-yes we are riding the green wave that is sweeping the world-he uses a product we researched online called Eco Touch that is a waterless system made of natural products and (obviously) conserves water b/c its waterless. So, we've spent the last two weeks rushing around forming the company, getting business licenses, opening bank accts, buying products and marketing to get business. So far everybody that we've talked to and that has seen his work has been really impressed and seems excited to sign up for an acct with us. We have prayed a lot about this b/c of the difficult time our economy is having right now, and have felt really good-like this is what we need to be doing, and that Heavenly Father is using this business as a tool to help us acheive our family goals-ie having kids at some point. So, it's been good. Anybody want their car detailed??
New addition-The rumors are true-we have a new addition. Her name is Lady. She has sandy blonde hair and green eyes and one of her favorite pass-times is to bite our feet (sometimes drawing blood) while we walk around the house. We have been wanting to get a little friend for Nacho ever since we thought about getting our own place. Now, I know the question you are all wondering is why we didn't just take Jack with us--to tell you the truth, I'm sort of wondering that now myself-but, our thinking was that Jack and Nacho aren't really playmates. They tolerate eachother but are not buddies. Plus, Jack really has a hard time adjusting from house to house and he's just been moved one too many times. So, we decided it would be best to get Nacho a little girl buddy to play with while we are away at work/school all day. We've looked around quite a bit for somebody suitable, and this week, we found Lady. She's a 8wk old Golden Retreiver. She is VERY feisty and playful and so far Nacho has HATED every minute of having her in our home. :( In fact, our week has even included a trip to the vet to get lady's ear stiched up b/c he bit her. This has caused a lot of stewing in our household over what to do with Nacho and the puppy. We have to keep them separate b/c we are afraid Nacho will do something else to her. We are not decided yet if we are going to keep her, him or both of them. We are looking into a personal dog trainer -aka a dog whisperer-really- for Nacho, actually for us I guess. After talking to her yesterday, I think we are going to give that a go and see what happens. She suggested that we keep the puppy separate from Nacho, until she can begin training US. She is confident that we can learn to be the pack leaders in our home so that Nacho will be comfortable with us and the puppy and any circumstance that he is in. We'll see what happens...
I know this is quite an espistle, but you asked for it, you begged for it and here it is! Enjoy! Love you all!
fyi, the pic of the cookies isn't totally random--I just wanted you to see that I actually baked cookies to give to our neighbors. THey are mom's yummy Christmas cookies, just havne't frosted them yet!
8 comments:
First!
But seriously folks... Missy, your house looks awesome! Very, very slick. And I can definitely see mom's influence in the color choices.
And... a NUTHER dog? Missy, you are officially out of your gourd. You are far to young to be at that level of insanity. I hope you can get it worked out.
And news flash - we don't have a dryer, and we do laundry. Besides you *do* have a dryer - a big, fat free one called Las Vegas air.
Jon - I hope things loosen up for you so you can enjoy school a little more.
The house looks fab, Miss. Way to go. Promise me you'll still be there when we get back so I can get a grand tour. Congrats on all the big changes and adventures! Best of luck to Jon! I'm sure he'll be awesome. I can't wait to see pics of Lady, and last but not least, I'm appalled that apparently because you don't have a dryer you "can't really do laundry." You live in Vegas!!! YOU LIVE IN A DRYER!!! Sorry. I'm just a little testy because now that winter's coming and the sun no longer comes out and we don't have a dryer either (that's the European way) it takes my jeans at least two days to dry completely. What I wouldn't give for a little desert sun ...
Nice work on the house -- and the cookies. Does Jon do minivans? If you're looking for a dog-whisperer, I'm a great alpha. Let me know if you're interested.
Missy, you could hire Adam because I'm sure he is an alpha- or you could hire me- I have a good right arm for wacking the daylights out of things.. or people.. or dogs. Your house looks magnifico. See I told you that Jake and Jaz airdry everything, I am so going to IKEA and getting the clothes drying racks they have. Seriously, Vegas is an oven. Miss your house looks so great. I really like your kitchen and your entry way and the whole entire thing.... can't wait to see it in real life. Good luck with the new bizz, Jon. I would pay you a million dollars to clean my minivan (Issie has been obsessed lately with riding with me everywhere I go- and I have to admit, I like the attention she gets when people look at her in the front seat and think she is the darn cutest thing they have ever seen- okay it's after 10pm here and I am starting to sound like an idiot...)love you!!!
your #1 fan,
Laura
ps, hello- where are the pics of Lady?
Okay, so apparently leaving the country for a week means you come back to not knowing a single thing that is going on in Missy's life. What in the world??? It sounds like you've been on speed, or some other drug, or maybe it's that you've decided not to watch anymore movies and now have all this time on your hands? A new puppy? A new business? Sewing curtains? Cookies for your neighbors? I was sooooo impressed with all the things you've done to your house--and just since I saw it last, which wasn't THAT long ago. Seriously, Missy, I didn't think you had that Holley gene, but now I may have to reconsider. Apparently a new house brings another side out in you! I love it. Way to go! You're amazing.
Thanks Amy, that was kind of like what mom said to me upon seeing us work our fingers to the bone at the house, which was, and I quote, "Missy! I CANNOT believe how hard you are working-I've NEVER EVER seen you work so hard in all your life-I didn't know you COULD work that hard!" She was SHOCKED that I had it in me too-I just needed the right motivation-plus I might add, that Jon has been working his little figners to the bone too-so it helps to have two of us husseling around. Thanks for the compliments all-we can't wait to have you over for a Rojas style Bar-bee-cue.
Wow! Where have I been? You have quite the lengthy comments and you hear from Jake, Jaz and Adam more than I do. I agree with them all--you are doing fabulouso. I wish I had a flashy picture of myself like Jake and Jaz. but you know me. mom
Your house looks beautiful! Great time to buy too (wish we waited a couple years, oh well). Hope things work out with the puppy because she's really cute! Check out my blog if you want to see what we're up to.
Post a Comment