Monday, September 1, 2008

Growing up is Hard Work!

I never knew how much work growing up is!! Last Wednesday evening Jon and I FINALLY got the keys to our house! We feel like such growups now. Sorry it's taken so long to post this exciting news, but we've been buried in work since then. We have had lots of people come to help us out in our quest to get our little nest into shape. We've been painting, scraping ceilings, mopping, scraping floors, replacing faucets, toilet seats, garbage disposals and ripping out carpets. Thank goodness for all the help we've gotten from both mine and Jon's family. Now Jon and I are suffering from a little bit of delirium/exhaustion. We were planning on moving in on Saturday, then it moved to today, now the move is on for next Saturday. It's taken much longer to get everything up to snuff than we thought. I don't have very much energy to make this entry exciting or witty, so this will have to suffice for the moment. Look at these fun pics--love you all, thanks for your prayers!

BEFORE...

LIVING ROOM

MASTER BEDROOM




AFTER



DINING ROOM






MAIN BATHROOM



MASTER


9 comments:

jake said...

Wow - congratulations, Miss! Jaz pointed out that now we are the only people in our family (my side) who still don't live in a house. I prefer to look at it as being the only ones who don't have a mortgage payment. It makes me feel better about living in a communist concrete box.

Everything looks really cute. Although I was disappointed that you won't be keeping the pink in the master bedroom.

Melissa Huber said...

yeah, it was kind of sad to cover those pepto colored walls with a neutral, but we decided that we'd probably sleep better this way. Yeah, you are definately lucky to not have a mortgage, but then again, I'm going to get a bunch of money back when we move out of our house (hopefully:)

JEM said...

That place is going to look so slick when you guys are done with it! I love the colors you've picked out. I, too, am a little sad to see that pink in the master bedroom go. It was terribly romantic, no?

Laura said...

MISSY! I LOOOOOVVVVEEEE it!!! It looks amazing... and you and your CREW have been working so hard. You are lucky that you have so many people helping you. I can't wait to see it in person, keep the pictures coming so I can feel like I'm really there. LOve you Miss.

Amy said...

Missy, you HAVE been working so hard! I can't believe how much progress you've made. It's like one of those classic make-over shows. What a great designer you are, what a great team, and what a charming house.

Amy said...

BTW, what is this w/ John & Gina having a blog? Did they really enter the blogging world? And how are you so lucky to be the only one to know about it?

Summer said...

You are doing a great job! It is such hard work and your creativity is awesome. It looks great

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you have this album of your before and afters. That is so fun. You'll have to take some more when you get in all the furniture and pics and stuff. cookie and Jack are missing Nacho. I miss you.

jake said...

up-date
up-DATE
UP
DATE