Well, yesterday Jon and I found out that the mortgage company approved our short-sale! This is really good news for us, but we still have to hold our breath a little to make sure that a few key things go through without a hitch-the inspection and the appraisal. We are hoping that the inspection comes back with no major problems and that the appraisal comes back right on target for what we are paying. Barring something happening with one of these things, we should be closed by the 15th of August! That's like two weeks away! I can't believe we could actually be sitting in our new home in such a short period of time.
Now the responsibility of it all is kicking in--we are going to be responsible for making a mortgage payment! Yikes. I mean, we've spent hours and hours working out our budget to make sure that we can do this, but it's a little daunting to actually take the plunge. All day yesterday I vascillated between being really excited to get into our own place finally and being scared out of my wits that we wouldn't be able to pay for it for one reason or the other--does everybody feel like this on their first time buying a home?? It also just feels like we are grounded somewhere. I feel like on the one hand, we are gaining a lot of freedom and on the other hand we are definately rooting ourselves here for a while.
Anyway, Jon and I came to the conclusion yesterday that it's always scary to do something big that you've never done before--I remember being nervous that we'd be able to pay for our apartment-and everything worked out just fine. And ultimately we've prayed a lot about this and pretty much left it in the Lord's hands. I've always felt that if it was supposed to work in this house, it would. So, keep praying--we need all the prayers we can get! And hopefully we'll be sending invites to all of you for a house warming party very soon. :) Those of you who cannot attend can just send us a gift card or something. j/k! PS, the pics that I posted of the house before weren't very good-this one is a better picture of it so you can see what its really like.

3 comments:
Ha ha ha ... Missy you are so cute! YES- everyone feels this way when they purchase their first house (if not all subsequent homes too). There are certain things that always put a pit in my stomach at first like buying a car, a house, airline tickets, Christmas presents, you get the idea. Missy- I am so excited for you and Jon. I wish I could come to your house warming party. Just relax, it will all work out... enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. I LOVE LOVE LOVE you. And PS- your comment on my blog about Hell's Bells left me in stitches. Take care, I miss you.
Missy, you are so funny! Thanks for the good laugh. I love your new house...can I swim in that pond/lake when I come over? Good luck w/ the rest of the process and congratulations on getting this far! We'll be praying for you. We definitely felt the exact same way with our first house. It was scary not knowing what we were getting into..but that's life in a nutshell, isn't it?
Missy, I guess you will be okay if dad and I come and live with you and we'll just stay on the main floor with Cookie and Jack. Don't worry about a casida in the back. I know Nacho will love that big pool in the front. Love, mom
Post a Comment