Sunday, June 29, 2008

Lots of stuff part II...

So, for those that have not heard, Jon and I put an offer on a home in the Mtn Vista and it was accepted by the seller. "By the seller" is the key part. The home is a pre-foreclosure which means that it needs to be approved by the mortgage company also. They have the final say so in whether or not your offer is accepted. And on top of this, it can take 4-6 weeks according to our realtor for them to get back to you. It's now been about a week since our offer was accepted and sent to the mortgage company for approval. So, we just have to be hopeful/prayerful that this will work out. Here are some pics of the home.

Isn't it cute!!?? It's a really cute house on the same street as the Bishop (Peterson)-Autumn Street. It has three bedrooms, hardwood floors, stainless steel appliances, a fireplace, updated kitchen/bathrooms and a nice sized yard for the burrito with lots of cute little flower beds. And the neighborhood has been kept surprisingly cute. Another great thing about it is that it's super close to everything that we want to be close to-my work, freeway entrance to Jon's work and UNLV. So say a prayer for us that we'll get it!

Lastly, I just got back from girls camp last week. It was so fun! The girls were so good and really took to our ward theme of peace. Sometimes girls can get a little catty at camp- but this year we had none of that. I saw these girls do so many selfless, caring and kind acts of service for eachother and for the leaders. It was really such a neat learning experience for me. They worked so hard all week long to make things run smoothly, and they really made me feel like I fit right in. I left on Monday early morning and came back Saturday afternoon. Jon took off work on Friday to come up and help us get the girls home. Of course after not seeing a young man, let along a really good looking man all week, the girls just went NUTS over Jon when he got there. He had all of our 12 girls just hanging on his every word. They were really cute. It was also really fun to have Gracie up at camp. She would come visit our camp everyday and we'd give eachother a little squeeze. It really helped me not be so homesick to have both her and John there, and of course Jon at the end. It was so so fun-I would recommend going to Girl's Camp to anybody who has the opportunity.


4 comments:

Laura said...

Missy, your house is darling!!! I will keep you in my prayers for sure. I'm sure it will all work out and you will be in your new nest in no time. Girls Camp sounds like it was alot of fun, I'm sure those girls really look up to you. And I can relate to being a young girl up there and just the sight of a MAN was extraordinary!

Melissa Huber said...

I know-even as an adult, I was more impressed with the men in my life than normal-John Paul was up at camp, and I kept telling him all week how handsome I thought he was--I told him I wasn't sure if it was because I was just realizing it or if it was just in comparrison with all the other dirty burly men up there! :)

Anonymous said...

Yes you two are certainly cute in your "alpine" background. Glad you loved camp so much. I did hear from a member of the ward that you smack talked about me a little though in your camp talk on Sunday. haha Can't wait for you to get your house either.

Anonymous said...

that's so cool that you guys are getting a house!!i'm so excited for you! miss you alot!!