After we got done with the inspection, we took Bradley, Gracie and Nacho to the Colorado River by Nelson's landing. We packed a little picnic and hiked down to a lagoon where we splashed around in the sun. We jumped off a little cliff (don't worry Amy and Gina-it was only about 10ft high and Jon jumped in first to make sure that it was deep enough), and skipped rocks. We ate our lunch on our towels on the shore. Once we were done, Gracie and I blew up our pool rafts and floated around on the water, and just as I was saying to Gracie what an amazing day and how fun this was, I felt a little tickle on my left ear. I reached to swat away what I though was fly or a bee--to my surprise, I pulled a scorpion out of my ear!!! I wildly thrashed around the water to try to get it off my finger. Too late, it had already stung the inside of my ear!! yuck. The rest of the day was not the same for me. Although I did manage to jump off the cliff a few times.
Nacho also had a really fun time--he swam all over. He even followed us out to the cliff. Every time he was on shore, he would run up and down and bite the incoming waves. He was SO CUTE!




7 comments:
Missy, loved all the pics. It all sounded like such a fun day -- alot of good memories. I bet Bradley and Gracie had a blast. You and John are so cool. Enjoy these free days--all too soon a little babino may come and make those pick-up-and-go times a little harder. Love, mom
MISSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't believe you were stung by a scorpion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As you can tell, I am in shock. I hate scorpions. They are my worst fear. How are you? No paralysis? (sp?) Nerve damage? Trauma? Hearing loss or slurred speach?
What a great day... are you trying to make me so sad that we don't live there? Because it worked :( Jessie would've loved to have been there. You and Jon are so fun. Look at the picture of you and Jon- after I was done gasping about the scorpion, I saw his picture and gasped because I thought he was growing a mullet (it looks like there is a pny tail on him to the left). ha ha ha
its the duck on the left that looks like black scraggly hair
those pictures make me a little homesick for the desert.
and can i just say that i love that "fun in the sun" and "lots of stuff" are titles for multiple posts? don't wrack your brain too hard there, miss.
I know, Laura-I cannot tell you how dusgusted I was after pulling that wriggling thing out of my ear. I really had the willeys for about a week.
On another note, Jon is really sort of growing a mullet. Well, he's just trying to grow his hair out for the fall a little bit, but it had gotten a little shaggy until I made him let me trim it up today.
I actually did notice that as I was posting it, but thought-oh well, who'll notice/care...of course you would! :)
That was so nice of Jon to sacrifice himself first. Thanks for taking Bradley. He had a blast. Glad the scorpion turned out to be a not-so-big thing (well, as bad as it could have been anyway). It sounds like you have a lot to do on your house. I want to help! Let me know when the party begins. XOXO
Post a Comment