Thursday, July 14, 2011

I love you, Pa

I have been addicted to the tv show adaptation of Little House on the Prairie for probably a year now. My dear sister, Amy gave me a tremendous gift last year-the first 6 seasons of the show-and my life has not been the same since. I have loved watching the Ingalls family (and many other Walnut Grove regulars) grow and face both difficulties and blessings at every turn-and most of all, I have enjoyed watching Michael Landon's touching portrayal of the real life Charles Ingalls. (kind of looks like the uni-bomber, I know) Pa is hard-working, honest, true, good, tough, funny, sensitive, talented, faithful, courageous and handsome to boot!
Thank you Pa for teaching me so many useful things-namely: how to plow a field, how to catch a fish, to always pay 'cash on the barrel' for things, how to find many lost children in wilderness areas like forests and mines, dry someone out from both alcohol and meth and many more lessons. I also am lucky enough to have my own dear Pa, who is not one whit behind Charles Ingalls in every way. I love getting to work with Dad every day. I get to witness the personal and professional struggles and triumphs of owning your own business in a first hand way. He teaches me to be patient, faithful, kind, forgiving and meek. He has taught me so much about business, law, marketing and management. I am so lucky to have him for a super boss and an even better dad. I love you Pa's!
This is Dad at Dry Canyon explaining how the sawmill was set up

Just thought this was a handsome picture of both men. Stole it from Laura's blog!



5 comments:

Amy said...

Melissa, I'm glad you're back in the blogging world. It'll be nice catching up with you here. I love Pa, too, and I feel I am a better person for watching "Little House" and always come away from it wanting to be do/be better. Keep me posted on your gardening attempts. I want to get better at it! P.S. Congrats on your promotion!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for commenting! I've been wondering if I was being shunned for being out of the loop for so long. I will definitely invite you out to look at it when we've got something to show!

Melissa Huber said...

That last comment was me!

Anne Michaelson said...

Oh Missy, that is the sweetest tribute to Pa, Michael Landon, and our Pa. I love that you get to be with him everyday. He tells me all the time what a strength you are to him. I love you sooooooo much!

Jessie Humphries said...

I too am grateful for your Pa! He's a great man. Why doesnt it surprise me you are watching 6 seasons of that show? I love ya MAM.