Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Resolutions November

ON TIME. Those two little words have plagued me all my life. As most of you readers are accutely aware, I am perpetually running late. I have this horrible disease called, underestimatehowlongitsgoingtotakemeosis. Sounds horrible, right? It really is. And despite my best efforts to counteract underestimatehowlongitsgoingtotakemeosis by setting alarm clocks WAY too early, setting clocks ahead, having OTHER people set clocks ahead, preparing things ahead of time, etc, I am STILL late. I have even gone through periods of time where I publicly proclaimed that I am not going to worry about this goal because I have way too many other things that are more important to work on first. But, alas, if I am truthful with myself, I know that it is important to be on time. And I am going to rally my efforts once again to counteract this dreadful disease. To all of you who I may have offended by my tardiness, I apologize. To all of you who may have had to partake in my shame because of my tardiness, I apologize as well. I look forward to reporting the progress I make in this constant battle. Please let me know if you have any helpful tips that you can share in how you have overcome this bad habbit.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Missy I kind of like it that you run a little late, it makes me feel relaxed. I mean there's late and then there's rude late. I've never known you to be rude late. I respect your right to work on this goal, but just remember that I'm actually working to be more laid back like you. So don't change too much :)
I am SO glad you are doing your monthly resolutions again, I've missed doing them with you.

Anne Michaelson said...

I did notice that you began tapping your toe when dad and I were a little late for dinner with you last Sunday. Sorry, but you've trained us to be late.

Unknown said...

Summer and I have been reading family blogs tonight, and I have to say I love the common thread of confession and perfectionism in my sisters.

Amy said...

Missy, I know you won't believe it, but I was about 15 min. late for Sac. Mtg. last Sunday. Audrey was horrified and riddled with embarrassment as we had to wait out in the hall while the sacrament was passed. "Mom, never do that again, okay?" she pleaded. I think I've unknowingly trained our kids to be obsessively on-time. With family gatherings though, I know I have at least a half hour window before anyone else will be there. Maybe not for long with your new resolution however. I love it. I think it is a great goal! I'll be tapping my toe for your on-time arrivals from now on. :)