Because of my new path in life, I am having to change my daily routine quite a bit. I used to work 8-5 every weekday, go home, cook dinner, clean, watch The Office and go to bed. (I'm a homebody, so this was fun to me-I LOVED my routine) However, I am told that this is not the best use of my time now that I am single. I have to "make appearances" at places, I have to go out, try new things and have fun. Not bad, right? Except that this concept of "going out" to "meet new people" (fyi, picture Jolynn's resonating voice with each quotation mark) is a little terrifying to me. I will say that aside from the many sweaty palms, stomach aches and incredible anxiety I have felt, I have had A LOT of fun. And it is entirely thanks to Jo.
Here is my new daily routine...
8-5 Work
6-8ish Dinner (sometimes I cook, sometimes I don't)
8-9 get ready to go out
9-12 go out (this may include any of the following activities: YSA FHE, sushi tasting, bowling, pie party, game nights, dancing, movie nights, having friends over, etc.)
12-2am, go to bed


3 comments:
Ok, you're making the single life sound really fun... especially while I'm sitting here listening to 5 cranky children, looking at my messy house and sitting in my pjs at 4pm- okay so I was dressed earlier and then put them back on. Missy, I am SO glad you are having fun... you deserve it. And I can hear in your voice that you are enjoying yourself. When can I come over and hang out at your house?? Your house is quite the hub.
12-2 am
That sounds like a good bed time to me. ;)
I love your blog, missy, and thanks again for all those comments!
Love,
Jessie
Great resolution, Miss! I'm happy you're having fun. I do think of you as one of the most fun people I know, btw. I'm proud of you for getting out! P.S. I'm especially jealous of the country dancing. I want to do that sometime....it's been ages.
Post a Comment