In keeping with the tradition of this time of year, I have decided to make some new year's resolutions. Now, typically I set these dutifully every January and forget them every February. However, in an attempt to make myself feel better by actually accomplishing them and since my attention span for goals seems to be about a month, I have decided to take it one month at a time. I will set one goal per month and blog about it (sorry for those who read my blog and don't actually care to know what my personal goals are) so as to keep it on my mind.
This month, my goal is to remember to be Grateful.
Here are five things that I am grateful for:
This month, my goal is to remember to be Grateful.
Here are five things that I am grateful for:
1. Jon-he is a wonderful husband and my best friend.

2. Temples. I love, love, love going to this holy place. It is the safest place I can think of.

3. My Home-I LOVE coming here at the end of a long day. And I ALWAYS feel better about myself/any worries I have after I've given our floors a good scrubbing. (I sort of feel like my floors are my therapist-anyone else like that?)
4. Flowers-I know this might sound cliche, but I really do LOVE flowers. I just feel happier when I see them/receive them.



5. The Office-need I say more?I know it might make me shallow to put this on my grateful list-but it has given both me and Jon quite a few belly aches from laughing so hard. But actually, what I am grateful for is Laughter.

4 comments:
Miss- I love this post. And what a wonderful idea... to work on something one month at a time. I like that because our lives change and we never know from one month to the next what will be really helpful for us to focus on. I love all those things you're thankful for too. I liked the flower pictures, those seriously took my blood pressure down about 100 pts. I am thankful for YOU Missy. I am really looking forward to having some good times together when I get back to the West. I love you.
Poppies and Gerber Daisies. I love them too. Good job for even thinking about setting goals. But to write them down is above and beyond. Good Job!
That's a good idea, the monthly goal setting. I have the same problem with resolutions so maybe I should try this. I think I could put the same things on my grateful list. Great stuff there!
Melissa, I'm so glad you finally posted again. I don't get to see you/talk to you as much as I'd like since your at work when I can talk and then it's family crazy time for me when you're finally home...so this makes me feel like I know more what's going on in your life. This is a great idea to focus for a month on one thing. After all, it takes 21 days to make a habit, so there you go. You're so on the ball. I couldn't agree more on the floors...although I probably don't enjoy it as much as you, there's nothing so great as clean floors. XOXO!
Post a Comment