Friday, August 15, 2008

Waiting...waiting...waiting...

Well, Jon and I found out that the mortgage company approved our new offer! (those who may not know, we had to make another offer on the home as our appraisal came back about 20k less than the asking price) So, great news-we are going to pay 20k less for the home!


We are just waiting now to find out if our loan docs will really go through and then we can close. If all goes through, we are supposed to close Tues/Wednesday this week.


I'm just so excited to finally be able to get into our new home. There is a lot of work to do-first things on our list are 1. take pop-corn ceiling off (a HUGE mess and job we've heard) 2. paint EVERYWHERE (there is really yucky dirty paint on the walls right now) 3. rip out the old carpet in the bedrooms and stain the concrete underneath 4. replace garbage disposal 5. fix a couple minor structural probs with the house 6. move in 7. keep going on our list of things to do...So, needless to say we've got a lot of work to do. I'm not sure how long it's going to take us to get to the point where we can move in--(mom and dad-you don't mind having us for another month, right?) Jon's only got a week until he starts school full time and will be working full time too-so we are on a bit of a time pinch here. We'll probably move in this weekend and just keep going with our renovations a little at a time.


I'm getting really excited to start on this stuff though-in fact, it's pretty much all I can think of at the moment...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sound like Miss Suzy--the little squirrel who spent every day cleaning and sprucing up her little tree house. It is such a fun thing to have a home to clean and preen. It is an amazing part of life. I bet even Eve enjoyed fixing up her little whatever-it-was that they stayed in when they came down to the lone and dreary world. It's just part of being a woman.

Melissa Huber said...

Oh, miss suzie! I love that book-yeah, I have to keep telling Jon that I'm in nesting mode-and that's just part of being a woman. It's all I can think about! :)

Laura said...

Missy, just remember that you can take your time to do all these things. I'm sure you are like me (because we have the same mother) in the way that I have all these things I'd like to tackle. But just pace yourself and enjoy the JOURNEY of making your house a home. It's fun to sit back and watch it progress. You're doing great!