Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Subway...

My friend Morgan took me on the coolest, most difficult, scary, amazing hike I have ever been on this weekend. It's called the Subway, in Zion National Park. It is roughly a 10 mile hike through a river at the bottom of a narrow canyon. The hike required us to repel short distances, jump into/swim through freezing pools of water and carefully navigate very "slippy" situations. I felt very Bear Grylls after doing this hike-if you don't know who/what Bear Grylls is, please follow this link and be prepared to be amazed...http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/manvswild/manvswild.html.



I'm sweating like crazy here

This is the spot that inspired the name-the Subway

Me, near the end and quite exhausted...

4 comments:

Laura said...

Missy! It looks so beautiful there. What an amazing hike, I am so proud of you. You and Morgan look very cute together I must say.

Grace Michaelson said...

that sounds like quite the hike!! you guys look like you are having so much fun! i guess i'll have to do it sometime- but definitely when it is much cooler.... oh and p.s. i LOVE the last two pictures.

Anne Michaelson said...

Wow, what beautiful pictures. You are a wonder woman! After seeing Morgan's brother, I'd like to see Morgan without the beard, wouldn't you? He looks pretty cute in these pictures.

Amy said...

How fun! This is beautiful, Melissa! I like the picture of you exhausted at the end. You look like the cutest little girl. This is the face I remember loving to pinch. You are so cute. I'm proud of you for doing such an adventurous hike. Keep it up, adventure girl.