Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Resolutions-February

I find myself in February quicker than I had anticipated. It seems like January flew by in such a blur that I didn't really get the chance to appreciate my goal of being more grateful. So, I'm starting February off earlier. This month I'd like to focus my efforts on HOPE.

In the last year I have come to have a greater understanding and belief in the power of hope. Hope is what leads us to Faith and Charity. Hope leads us to action. Hope is key. Hope is what makes things happen in our lives-it's what shines in our darkest moments. We may have hope in something small or great, but ultimately, I believe that all pure hopes are based in a knowledge that "present circumstances will give way to future blessings." through the Savior Jesus Christ.

Shortly after I had my revelation on Hope, Elder Uchtdorf gave a beautiful sermon on this exact message.

Read it here. I prefer to listen to it, but I couldn't figure out how to link that page.

"That is part of our mortal test. The reason for some of these trials cannot be readily understood except on the basis of faith and hope because there is often a larger purpose which we do not always understand. Peace comes through hope. " James E. Faust

"Hope is trust in God’s promises, faith that if we act now, the desired blessings will be fulfilled in the future. " James E. Faust

4 comments:

Amy said...

Missy, I love the picture of the sunrise/sunset. Every beautiful sunrise/sunset is another witness to me of God's masterful work and His plan that allows us to have one unique day after another, one in which we're taught something new and we experience what He would have us experience for our own good. You are wise beyond your years. Thanks for reminding us to have hope. I love you.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Missy, I love this post on Hope! You exemplify HOPE! I have been so amazed at your attitude of looking forward, happiness, keeping busy, giving service, painting, planting flowers, and being strong and immoveable in your testimony of Christ. I agree with the thought that present circumstances--seen through the lens of hope--will give way to a joyous new morning--ie your beautiful picture. You have been the best example of hope to me. You will get everything you deserve.

Laura said...

Missy, I am not only moved by your beautiful summation of hope, but so inspired by your inner strength and spiritual endurance. In times of trial, I think we see what we are truly made of. Missy, you always prove that you are made of steel! You have a remarkable attitude, amazing energy to throw yourself into projects, and an absolutely glowing aura. You are infectous. People love you and desire to know you and be near you. You are down to earth, real, smart, funny, stunningly beautiful (European if you ask me) and incredibly thoughtful and genuine. I am so so lucky to have you for my sister. You teach me. You teach me by your example. And now I'm going to try not to cry because I am at the library with 4 old men sitting along side me on the computers. I love you so much.

Melissa Huber said...

Thank you for your kind words and support. I love you women and couldn't get through a day without you!